Business doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact the basics are very simple, so keep it that way, why complicate things. It’s all about keeping it simple and on track – that’s the challenge most of us face.
So, my 5 Mantra’s for 2011 would be:
– Create a business plan and work it (and it might just be one page)
– Remember, cash flow is king
– Profitability rather than the vanity of turnover should be the goal
– From day one, have an exit route that leverages on what you are doing
– If you don’t love your business, do something else.
If you can manage to do all that you won’t go far wrong.
And if it’s a struggle, executive coaching is a great way to gain clarity, objectivity and focus.